|Community: The Complete First Season was the official DVD release of the the show's inaugural season. It was released on September 21st, 2010, only two days before the Season Two premiere.|
From the DVD cover:
|“||Smooth talking ex-lawyer Jeff Winger has got a lot to learn, and he's come to Greendale Community College to avoid every bit of it. Unfortunately for Jeff, he's not the only misfit to enroll here, and people in need have an odd way of finding each other. First, his fake study group becomes a real study group. Then, over the course of a strange year - from Mexican Halloween to the final 'Tranny Dance' - including bad trips, great debates, drunk dials, food fights, epic paintball battles, and sinister chicken finger conspiracies - the group becomes a family, something Jeff never wanted but clearly needs. Starring Joel McHale (TV's The Soup), Ken Jeong (The Hangover) and Emmy Award winner Chevy Chase.||”|
- Format: AC-3, Box set, Closed-captioned, Color, Dolby, Widescreen, NTSC
- Language: English
- Subtitles: English
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.77:1
- Number of discs: 4
- Rated: NR (Not Rated)
- Studio: Sony
- DVD Release Date: September 21, 2010
- Run Time: 535 minutes
- Cast and crew commentary on every episode: The entire cast (Joel McHale, Gillian Jacobs, Danny Pudi, Yvette Nicole Brown, Alison Brie, Donald Glover, Ken Jeong, and Chevy Chase) took part in the commentaries; they were paired off for particular episodes in which their characters were featured in. Participants from the crew included creator Dan Harmon; directors Anthony Russo, Joe Russo and Adam Davidson; and writers Andrew Guest, Lauren Pomerantz, Hilary Winston, Karey Dornetto, Chris McKenna and Emily Cutler.
- Season One Cast Evaluations: Dan Harmon sits down with each cast member to discuss their performance.
- Season one highlight reel.
- "Creative Compromises" featurette.
- "Advanced Criminal Law" alternative scenes.
- Three mini episodes.
- Exclusive Kickpuncher comic book.
Season One trailerEditSony released a trailer for Season One as a promotional video for the release of the DVD containing various highlights from the first season. A roll call of the main characters was given, and top billing was given to the more recognizable members of the cast at the time: Joel McHale, Chevy Chase, and Ken Jeong. Included were quotes from TV Guide and Newsday that praised the show.
Virtual set tourEdit
|Cast member Ken Jeong provided a tour of the Community set to promote the release of the Season One DVD.|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.