|Recurring or debuting plot points in this episode:
- Previously: Abed had sweatshirts printed to commemorate last year's paintball game.
- A nice gesture: Britta points makes gun gestures with her hands and says "Pew, pew, pew, pew!"
|Recurring or debuting characters in this episode:
|List of Running gags
|Recurring or debuting running gags in this episode:
- Bag-ul: Britta mispronounces Kickpuncher as Kickmuncher.
- Changuage: Chang admits that he doesn't "chang a lot of chicks."
- E-vasive: Jeff directs Shirley and Andre's attention to "a reason to leave" behind them and walks away from an awkward conversation.
- Gay, he's so gay!: A police officer says that Jeff's nipple guards are "the gayest thing I've ever seen."
- Nice outfit:
- Dean Pelton wears a sedge hat along with a dashiki when he attends the baby shower.
- Chang dresses up like his vision of the perfect dad, no doubt gleaned from watching family sitcoms: Horn-rimmed glasses, a smoking pipe, a cardigan, and a newspaper under his arm.
- Troy is horrified to see that Britta is also wearing a green handkerchief around her neck and discreetly removes his own before she notices.
- Rhyme time: Lukka gets into the act with "Easy peasy lemon squeezy."
- Turning it into a snake: Britta does a bizarre dance while trying to sing for Lukka.
|List of Pop culture references
|References to popular culture in this episode:
- Jeff thought Shirley meant Jurassic Park when she was actually talking about It's Complicated.
- Troy and Abed invite Britta to watch Catfish with them.
- Name that tune: Britta attempts to impress Lukka with a Britney Spears song but it comes out as a mash-up of ...Baby One More Time by Britney Spears and Genie in a Bottle by Christina Aguilera.
- Shout out:
- Pierce calls Joe Kennedy "History's greatest chump."
- Lukka connects Britta's name with Britney Spears.
- TV Guide:
- Chang talks about recording Bones on his VCR.
- Britta picks up a hat of Abed's that says, "Trekkies do it in the Final Frontier".
|List of Meta references
|Meta references in this episode:
- Jeff wonders, "Why is everybody at this school obsessed with race?" The answer is that Community's creator Dan Harmon, by his own frequent admission, is obsessed with race.
- The sweatshirts commemorating the paintball game have "It's all downhill from here" written on the back. This might be a reference to some comments about a decline in quality in season 2.
- Up against the wall: The end tag could be a spoof on the fact that we never see the study group actually studying in the study room. In the Community The Complete Second Season DVD commentary, writer Andy Bobrow reveals that the tag originally ended with Jeff giving Britta a birthday card as everyone leaves but that part was cut after they realized that it wasn't the right time of year for her birthday.
|The flag Annie is waving while discussing the (purportedly) Ghanese dish is not the flag of Ghana, it's the flag of Zimbabwe. The food mentioned that the Dean eats (mieliepap) is from southern Africa countries including Zimbabwe.
|Annie waves the wrong flag.
- “I seem to recall a story about a man named Joseph who happily raised a child that wasn't his.”— Andre
- “History's greatest chump. We're talking about Joe Kennedy, Right? ”— Pierce
- “You know, you really shouldn't say 'you people.'”— Andre
- “Oh, it's okay. Pierce was having trouble quitting offensive phrases cold turkey so we've created a bargaining system. We traded 'you people' for some of his other favorite phrases.”— Annie
- “Yeah, I really got Jewish-personed out of that one.”— Pierce
- “Hit me with your genie's bottle...rub it all over me.”— Britta
- “Don't saw the floor! Don't saw anything! I'm tired of confiscating saws. Gimme that, take this.”— Jeff
- “"Parental Rights?" You're adopting me?”— Chang
- “Who am I to stand in the way of someone trying to put their life together? What am I, daytime television?”— Jeff
- “Something terrible has happened. My Kickpuncher III: The Final Kickening DVD is missing.”— Abed
- “That's awful. Somebody took it? Who would...? Wait, Kickmuncher 3? Wasn't that the movie that Lukka was...? You don't think... Unless... You don't suppose... However... No. That would mean that you guys would have to stop hanging out... No!”— Britta
- “We have video of you taking the DVD, Britta.”— Abed
- “He's a war criminal!”— Britta
- “In what war is he a criminal? In the battle for our affections?”— Troy
- “While I was gone, you learned to accept the bad with the good.”— Andre
- “Oh, that's the Greendale effect. Our school's motto is "lower your standards."”— Jeff