|Jeff arrives at Greendale in his battered Lexus for the last day of the school. As he walks across campus, he runs into Annie who is with her boyfriend Vaughn. She decides to join Jeff since they are both headed to the study room. Dean Pelton suddenly shows up asking them if they plan on going to this year's Transfer Dance. It's where they celebrate students who are moving on to four year colleges. Back in the study room, Troy reveals to the group that his father is kicking him out of the house to make room for his younger girlfriend. Abed ignores Troy's hints that he would like to move into his dorm room as Jeff and Annie show up with some news.
|They announce that Britta has been nominated for the title of "Transfer Queen" at the upcoming dance. Dean Pelton drops by with the update that the dance has been renamed the "Tranny Dance". Later at Britta's mandated therapy session with Professor Duncan, he encourages her to compete for the title as it could help her get over issues she has. Britta angrily ends the session as Ben Chang, who is now a student, shows up. After Chang insults her, she leaves and he asks for Ian's help to cheat in his classes. Duncan mocks him in response reveling in the humor of Chang's current situation. Meanwhile, Jeff bumps into Professor Slater in the hallways. She made a mistake breaking up with him and asks for another chance.
|Later, the study group is at a keg party hosted by Abed in his dorm. Abed again ignores obvious hints Troy wants to move in with him. Vaughn arrives at the scene and tells Annie he's been invited to join the nation's best college hacky sack team in Delaware. Inside the dorm room, Jeff tries to flirt with Britta who is oblivious. When Slater joins them the animosity between the two women is palpable. It's then that Britta then suddenly announces to run for the Tranny Queen title. That night at the Transfer Dance, Britta and Slater openly compete for Jeff's affections. At the same time, Duncan taunts Chang who can't retaliate physically as he'd risk being expelled.
|Meanwhile, Annie announces to the group that she will be going to Delaware for the summer with Vaughn. Privately, she tells Jeff that she intends to transfer to Delaware because she wants to live in the moment. Elsewhere, Pierce talks to Troy about his living situation and offers to let him to move into his mansion. In the study room, Troy finds Abed and asks him why they can't live together. Abed replies that living together would put too much of a strain on their friendship. Troy is upset when Abed advises he move in with Pierce as theirs is a more casual acquaintance. Back at the dance, Shirley tells Britta she should just be honest with Jeff about her feelings.
|Later, Annie says her goodbyes to the group and leaves with Vaughn. As the Tranny Queen contest starts, Britta has an embarrassing misunderstanding during the roll call for the participants. When she sees Slater kissing Jeff Britta grabs a microphone and publicly declares she loves Jeff. Slater does this also and the assembled party goers turn to Jeff for a response. As Jeff tries to back pedal out of the situation a drunk Duncan steals the spotlight. He grabs the microphone and improvises a lewd rap which causes Pelton to suspend him. This allows Chang to assault Duncan now that he's no longer on staff. With everyone's attention drawn to the fight, Jeff quietly exits as both Britta and Slater watch.
|After Jeff departs, Troy becomes sick from eating a giant cookie and finally understands what Abed was trying to tell him: too much of a good thing is sometimes bad. He finds Pierce and accepts his invitation to move into his mansion. Outside of the dance, Jeff is surprised when he runs into Annie. Despite her wanting to live in the moment, she realized Greendale is where she belongs. After a heartfelt conversation about their respective relationships, Jeff tells Annie that he is glad she's staying and they hug. The two linger for a second and Annie impulsively plants a quick kiss on Jeff. Although briefly stunned, Jeff embraces Annie and kisses her back passionately.
|Some students watch a video yearbook by Abed featuring all the main study group members. One guy complains that he doesn't know any of the people in the yearbook.
|List of Running gags|
|Recurring or debuting running gags in this episode:
|List of Pop culture references|
|References to popular culture in this episode:
|List of Meta references|
|Meta references in this episode:
- In the Season Two episode "Mixology Certification" Shirley is revealed to have once had a drinking problem after her divorce. In this episode Shirley drinks alcohol at Abed’s party and does a keg stand. It’s possible this was done as foreshadowing but was most likely done just to give the character a funny moment.
- Frequent background extra Jeremy makes another of over 45 episode appearances. He is in numerous scenes at the Tranny dance including when the dalmatians try to break up the Chang and Duncan fight.
- In an episode commentary by the cast and crew, it was revealed that the final Jeff and Annie kiss was partly improvised.
- “I hope he transfers to hell.”— Troy, after finding out that Shirley's friend Gary is transferring schools.
- “So you think I'd feel better about myself if I got all sexed up, went over there and really tried to be crowned Queen of the Dingbats?”— Britta
- “Precisely.”— Duncan
- “Wow. Guess you really get what you pay for with free therapy.”— Britta
- “Ouch. That stung a little bit. Thanks.”— Duncan
- “Señor Chang, is there a word in Spanish for someone who used to pretend to be a professor but was a teacher but wasn't actually a teacher and is now a student? Is there a word for that? Oh, if it was in Spanish, you wouldn't know, would you?”— Duncan
- “Oh, and for the record, there was an episode of Happy Days where a guy literally jumped over a shark. And it was the best one.”— Troy
- “Jeff needs a girl who doesn't just not wear underwear because Oprah told her it would spice things up. He needs a girl who doesn't wear underwear because she hasn't done laundry in three weeks. He's been to flavor country now. They should retire the table we did it on.”— Britta
- “Slater makes me feel like I do when I write my New Year's resolutions. She makes me feel like the guy I want to be. And Britta makes me feel like the guy I am three weeks after New Year's, when I'm back to hitting my snooze button and screening Mom's phone calls, back to who I really am. So do you try to evolve, or do you try to know what you are?”— Jeff to Annie
|Season One Episodes|
14. "Interpretive Dance"
|Season One • Season Two • Season Three • Season Four • Season Five • Season Six|